The Duke's Motor Pool

Mark Deliduka

Welcome one and all to my “Motor Pool”.

Now that I have finally achieved my latest milestone of completed small scale vehicles, here are the pictures I promised you showing the entire collection. I wanted to set all these up like this to share with all my friends, take pics to record this for posterity, and mostly to be able to see how all of these look grouped together in one big group. Finally, after years of persistence and perseverance; I present to you my 700- piece small scale vehicle collection.

This collection took two trucks to transport it down to the Hall where I was going to display these for the two days of Hobby Day. I had everything packed in these boxes; here is how they all looked upon arrival at the Hall:

2017_Armor_and_Vehicle_Collection_I~0.jp

The first this I did was to unpack Dora since she was going to be the centerpiece of the whole collection. Then I placed all the rest of my German railroad models on the table beside her. These are all the German Railroad models I have completed:

2017_German_Railroad_I.jpg

2017_German_Railroad_II.jpg

Then the rest of the unpacking began…..

Finally, after three hours, I finished placing all my models on the tables. I grouped them by country, and the whole collection sat on four eight-foot-long tables placed side-by-side. I grouped them by country with the Germans on the back table. In a couple pics, you can see the magazine article picture of my whole collection when we first too a group shot of it several years ago. I apologize for the quality of these pics; I tried hard to make sure they were done as well as possible. Still, I think enough can be seen to enjoy the full scope of all this work.

Now for your edification, here are all 700 models set up on display:

2017_Armor_and_Vehicle_Collection_VIII.j

2017_Armor_and_Vehicle_Collection_V~0.jp

2017_Armor_and_Vehicle_Collection_VI~0.j

2017_Armor_and_Vehicle_Collection_VII~0.

There you have it. Enjoy!

Thanks for looking in everyone, I hope you enjoyed your tour of my "Motor Pool".

• Like 2

Hi, Mark,

After taking up 80 sq. ft. of floor space just for this collection, did you leave any room for anyone else to display at Hobby Day? The sheer scope and magnitude of the individual effort you have put into just this portion of your hobby collection is staggering. Sensory overload! I salute you as the most prolific builder of scale models (not "toys") that I have had the pleasure of meeting. If you were not 2,000 miles away, I would have made a big effort to come and see this display myself. I could not even guess how much space your completed aircraft collection will require when you show us the first 500 or more.

Ed

Gil, thanks! I like that: 'order of battle'! I did try to keep them in some semblance of such.

Ed, thanks! I believe it was more like 40 sq. ft. since they are "small scale", but who's counting eh? LOL! Actually, we still had plenty of room for two model-building tables and seven games on Saturday.Thank you for such incredible praise, I am honored beyond words my friend. I wish you had been able to come; I would have been thrilled to have you see this.

As for the aircraft display, well; I don't see that happening. I have too many large "small scale" planes that transporting them to a location like this hall would require a significantly larger truck than I currently have.Besides, I don't think the Hall has enough tables to hold all of them! :huh: Suffice it to say, I'll just have to show my final one and announce it as number 500.... at least until I complete more. I also have a whole mess of ships too; I could possibly bring all them in and set them up when I reach 500 of them.

Hmmmm... :unsure:

Okay, I need to stop..... you're giving me too many crazy ideas..... :smiley29: :smiley2:

Thanks again for the great replies guys! :smiley20:

The advantage of Braille scale! I couldn't get all my finished armor models in one picture unless it was taken via Satellite. Looking good!

:Smile_sceptic:

Thank you Dennis! You might even call it my life's work. Not much in the Grand Scheme of Things, but I'm proud of and thrilled with this accomplishment. I appreciate your compliments.