HELP NEEDED re GERALD WINGROVE'S DATA COLLECTION

noelsmith

I was in contact with Gerald Wingrove over the last couple of days as his WINCOL website appeared to be defunct. He used to sell his plans etc. direct through that site but closed it down just before he retired to live in Spain. He sold on all his Drawings and Data Collection on to an individual in the USA.

Gerald tells me that the person concerned was going into business and setting up a plans service for Car Model Builders. Shortly after he sold all the plans, photos and data, he learnt that the person concerned had a nervous breakdown, and nothing has been heard about the Wingrove Data Collection since, or the buyer.

It all must all be languishing somewhere, so someone somewhere must know of its whereabouts. It represents about 30 years research work towards the making of Gerald Wingrove's model car masterpieces.

If any of you guys Stateside can help and put some feelers out I would be most grateful.

Edited by noelsmith

• 1 year later...

An update! Since my last post about this topic I have learnt that the Wingrove plans and portfolios went to a guy named Stephen Pombo.

I understand that he has a website named Pomboworks.com. Do not know if he is presently active or not with the Wingrove Plans Service that he bought.

• 4 weeks later...

It was easy to find. Just use Dogpile search engine and type in PomboWorks homepage. For me it was the very first link on the search page.

Good luck.

Thanks Dave. Found the website OK but could not establish if he is still active or not with the Wingrove plans service. Have heard mixed comments about the plans service by this guy on other websites. Do you have any more information about him and/or the service he is purported to be offering, and any information about the quality of product from him?

• 1 month later...

I tried to Email Stephen Pombo twice recently but got no response. Any body been in contact with this guy? Is his business still operating or not? His website is up and running as I have looked at it from time to time, but it appears that there has been no activity on it for some time.