B-24D Liberator "Hot Stuff" in 1/48"

aAzZ09

B-24%20Complete%2010-5-15%20005_zpsp8wh2B-24D%20Model%20Completed%2010-5-15%2001B-24D%20Model%20Completed%2010-5-15%2001B-24%20Complete%2010-5-15%20001_zps0nzx9

Edited by aAzZ09
  • Like 3

Lovely looking Liberator Mark! Your camo demarcation looks nice and tight, yet soft. Did you free hand it, or mask it? Congrats on tackling and beating a kit with some tough seams, and a lot of them!

GIL :smiley16:

Many thanks, Gil and Mark.

I built this particular Liberator for a customer of mine in nearby Sun City who is publishing a WWII novel based on the exploits of this plane. The book will be entitled "Before The Bell" and it will be released in November. He will be displaying this model on book reviews here in Texas and maybe elsewhere. I managed to produce a clear acrylic display case for it and it came out well. You're right about this model being a beast, Mark.. There were no frills, I built it out of the box.It's the old Monogram-Revell kit and it took some doing to get it fairly accurate. The nose art was courtesy Red Pegasus Decals. The rest came from my spare decal storage. This plane was among several in contention with the famous "Memphis Belle" as to which one was the first to fly 25 missions. Unfortunately, "Hot Stuff" crashed in Iceland on her way back to the states for a typical war bond tour, killing the crew, and one of the casualties was General Frank Andrews.

Best,

Mark

Edited by aAzZ09

Lovely looking Liberator Mark! Your camo demarcation looks nice and tight, yet soft. Did you free hand it, or mask it? Congrats on tackling and beating a kit with some tough seams, and a lot of them!

I free handed it with my airbrush.

Thanks Gil,

Mark

Man that's a clean build Mark! Looks fabulous! I've yet to build a 48th scale 17 or 24 but can only imagine the size of this thing.

• Like 1

Man that's a clean build Mark! Looks fabulous! I've yet to build a 48th scale 17 or 24 but can only imagine the size of this thing.

Thanks Joe. The dimensions are approximately 27 1/2" wingspan, 18" fuselage length, and 7" in height. Gil and Mark Deliduka were right. It can be a beast to build at times. This is the fourth 4 engined bomber I have built in 60 years of modeling.

All the best,

Mark