Latest project

Here is my latest model project. The Race Trailer is from Galaxie Limited and is a 44 ft. Tri-axle gooseneck trailer. You have to paint this inside and out. Long seems made the build difficult. Paint is all Tamiya rattle cans, masking multi color paint takes a long time. The Cadillac Escalade Duallie is made from 1. Revel 1/25 Cadillac Escalade is the bases for the build. 2. The Duallie Bed, Back of Frame and Duallie wheels are from the Monogram 1/24th scale Ford F-350 " Duallie" Pickup. The Cab was made by cutting Escalade just in front of the rear wheel arches and grafting on the rear of a Ford Truck Cab. This gave the back of the cab the shape and the small rear window I was looking for. Interior and such was also cut down to fit. The Frame was the tricky part of this build. I used the front "clip" of the Escalade attached to the rear portion of the Dullie. I did a notch cut on the Escalade frame and the dually frame, then fitted the cab and bed on with Blue Tack and slid the frames until correct fit and superglues together. The rear Duallie Wheels were so heavy that I had to use brass tubing to mount on the frame and later added wire around the axle and the frame to hold it in place! I hid it fairly well, but had to tell a judge at one contest that they were Brake Lines [ he did not buy it!]. Project was fun to do [ exept seems on the trailer ], but have storage problem with the trailer. Photo was taken at GSL in April 2015. I will look for photo of full trailer and post when I find one. PS - the words "Galaxie" and " Duallie" are the spellings on the boxes.

post-136-0-19619100-1437500681_thumb.jpg

Man Dan...that looks GREAT! That Caddy looks Factory made....Now the question is....is this for a race team??? oooorrr...is this setup to haul show cars from coast to coast? Actually...I think it could be for both.. now that I ponder it?? LOL Great job Dan... Looking forward to seeing more pics of it too....

Thank you Gary and Gill. I thought I had a file with a bunch of photo's of this project, but could not find yesterday. I will try to take more pictures tomorrow and download. Pickup and trailer together are so long it is hard to take photo of them! Dan

Ok - last photo's- These are some of the parts used and show how things were cut and fit to build the model. first is the whole Escalade before cutting. Second is what is left after cutting. Third is the cab from a AMT Louisville/LN 8000 cab with the rear of cab removed and fitted to the back of the Escalade.

post-136-0-22986700-1437674123_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-65485100-1437674140_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-23128400-1437674163_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the slow reply, I have been to Sturgis [ just to look around], to Nebraska for a 50th Wedding Anv. and a few days in Denver. Thanks for the comments, I have improved over the years in this area due to help from a few San Diego Model Car Club/IPMS Members, including Darryl Gassaway and Peter Johnson.