Sea Shadow

wedfactory

OK, I admit it, I have the attention span of a 3 year old, couldn't sit still while waiting for the HO-229 to dry started another kit. Picked out my Sea Shadow. Just doing this one OOB. May even get it done for the March 28th model show. Just sprayed all the interior grey, Not sure how much you will see but decided to play it safe and spray everything inside.

DSC_0157.jpg

DSC_0156.jpg

DSC_0155.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

OOh!! Look the 229 is dry! See you later!

Started work on the bridge of the Sea Shadow. i didn't like the decals that came with the kit for the bridge so I dug out some old aircraft IP decals and cut those up.

The back wall. The tan piece of paper below to the right was the decal for the back wall controls. I like my kit bash decals better.

DSC_0012.jpg

And for the pilot seat all the kit had was the decal on the floor. Again I like my kit bashed controls better.

DSC_0013.jpg

Now will you be able to see them when I am done. Don't know how well yo uwill ba able to see into the bridge once it is closed up.

Warren,

You can see the tops of the seats and that's about it once you close it up. Your rendition does look alot better than the kit decals though.

The worst part of the kit is the seam between the propulsion units and the main hull underneath. The decals stink, as they are made up of small dots.

It looks really cool when done though. Mine, from back in the day. I put a whitish wash on the bottom for a dried salt effect.

Hope yours goes well.

Bill

CIMG0783.jpg

• 2 months later...

The two side panels are now done, rescribed and final pieces added. I have added some foam to the inside of the side panels to help close up nasty gaps on the underside of the kit.

DSC_0616.jpg

DSC_0618.jpg

Should be closing her up this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...