Help! C-141B needed for client

ipmsusa2

Hi all,

I need to build a 1/200 scale C-141B for a client. The guy is a church member, recently retired from American Airlines and who did maintenance on the C-141B in Viet Nam. The Dragon kit is what I'm looking for and it was available before Christmas from both Sprue Brothers and Hobby Linc. As luck would have it, I didn't have the commission until after Christmas and everybody was out of stock. They're still out of stock. So...does anyone have one of the Dragon kits that they'd be willing to part with for somewhere around the retail price? Plus shipping, of course. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Richard

here are two links to places that calim to have that a kit..

http://www.1001modelkits.com/plastic-airplane-models/55646-cyber-hobby-2013-c-141b-starlifter-0089195820136.html?gclid=CJWR2Y_ppcMCFVc1aQod5GIAkA

http://www.amazon.com/Cyber-Hobby-C-141B-Starlifter-Gulf/dp/B006BAHZRE

Other sites say that it has been discontinued.

Hope this helps a little bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't think that the B model came out until the late 70s or early 80s. If I remember correctly, the B model was stretched and an inflight refueling receiver was added. I think that the ones during Vietnam were A models and were in the gray and white paint scheme. Can't help you on the search-but good luck. Maybe you'll have better luck with the A model.

I didn't think that the B model came out until the late 70s or early 80s. If I remember correctly, the B model was stretched and an inflight refueling receiver was added. I think that the ones during Vietnam were A models and were in the gray and white paint scheme.

Correct - the B-model conversions happen between 1979 and 1982, any Vietnam-era birds would have been original A-models.

Hi, Richard,

You might try to find the 1/200 DML Kit #2004 of the C-141B Star Lizard from 1989. It comes with decals for both the white top and camo schemes. A couple of Humvees are included as a cargo load. The cyber-hobby kit is probably a reissue of this kit.

If your friend worked on the aircraft in Viet Nam, it would be the C-141A version. Now you need to find 1/200 DML Kit #2003 C-141A Starlifter from 1989. It comes with decals for both the white top and bare metal (Viet Nam) schemes. A couple of pallets of box shapes are included as a cargo load.

Yes, the fuselage of the C-141A is much shorter than the C-141B.

Ed

Edited by ewahl