ba ba black sheep

Zglossip

hey guys i have finally finished my corsair with the work on the ranch taken up so much of my time have not been able to work on my model all that much but its finally finished and it depicts a corsair fighter bomber of the famous black sheep squadron in the korean war . it has some new techniques including hairspray chipping pastels and airbrush fading a real fun model hope you guys like itDSCF0759_zps9af60da3.jpgDSCF0756_zps129d092c.jpgDSCF0755_zps41cd31ce.jpgDSCF0754_zps9c418cb3.jpgDSCF0749_zpse011e330.jpgDSCF0747_zpsf5cc9ac2.jpg

Gil they are kit decals just not from the corsair kits I save all the decals I don't use so I got online and was able to find out what markings were on the black sheep squadron so I was able to piece together different decals and letters I saved from older models to give it the markings you see on the model . to Jim deck it is a good model but like you said it was very tough to put together the fuselage halves didn't fit right so it took some time and a whole lotta seam filling to make it fit . thanks for your comments.

Good work, Z. This reminds me of the first Monogram Corsair I built back in 1961 or '62, but certainly not as good as this one. Best,

Mark

• 8 months later...

First off congratulations on finishing this bear of a build kit there Z! This is one of the more challenging builds I've seen and it looks like you outlasted the kit. Secondly I like the weathering techniques you added. Nice touch bud. emotion-21.gifemotion-21.gifemotion-21.gifemotion-21.gif

PM sent.............

Edited by mustang1989