80's Porsche 935 1/12th scale

I bought this kit when it first came out, started 6 years ago, then had problems with the old decals. They cracked, which I realized after would probably not have happened if I sprayed them with a fixative. Luckily for me, they re-released the kit with better graphics which I found on Ebay. Here are some of the pics of the model.

I did document the whole build if anyone wants to see how I made it.

Happy modeling, Jeff

post-1995-0-70647300-1357600310_thumb.jpg

post-1995-0-46597800-1357600312_thumb.jpg

post-1995-0-28169100-1357600314_thumb.jpg

post-1995-0-99554900-1357600315_thumb.jpg

You can get an account (free) on Photobucket or similar sites and either add images directly into your posts here or provide a link to your Photobucket album so viewers can go there.

• 1 year later...

Jeff,

I just joined IPMS and this caught my eye. I have the kit and would love to see your documentation of the build. I usually find one on moderlersite.com, but so far nobody has written one on this car in 1/12.

Thanks,

Bruce Hallock

P.S. IPMS has me as Anthony Bruce Hallock, but I prefer to use my middle name - they are supposedly changing that.

Beautiful model! I wouldn't know you had any trouble with the decals if you hadn't mentioned it.

I too use Photobucket. It's free, as far as I know, and pretty easy to use, allowing you to post pics into your post,so others don't have to click onto a link or thumbnail.

GIL :smiley16:

• 8 months later...

Jeff-

Great job. I remember those Martini 935s running at Daytona and Sebring in 1976. Huge flames from overrun when they downshifted for corners. Fond memories...

-Rick

Nice build. I've built two of them with the SMS detail set. Thank goodness the SMS set came with an extra set of the decals. Those stripes are a real pain to put on and get all the various pieces lined up correctly especially under the fender intake! Good Job!

Jeff,

I just joined IPMS and this caught my eye. I have the kit and would love to see your documentation of the build. I usually find one on moderlersite.com, but so far nobody has written one on this car in 1/12.

Thanks,

Bruce Hallock

P.S. IPMS has me as Anthony Bruce Hallock, but I prefer to use my middle name - they are supposedly changing that.

I don't know about his reference but Scale Motorsport has a CD that use to come with their Super Detail set. They now sell it separately for $20. It really gets down to the details. The only issue is the decals. They changed from race to race and car to car. The livery on the car that is depicted on the CD was race in vintage races but never run in anger in that livery. There are probably 30 different ways to do them correctly.

• 1 year later...